Categories and Dues Structures
The California Transit Association offers four categories of membership tailored to the type and size of your organization. Membership categories include Public Transit System, Passenger Rail and Ferry Operators, Transit Support Group and Business Member. Dues are dependent on a number of factors, including membership type and organization size. Payment of dues via credit card is only available to Transit Support Group and Business Members.
Public Transit System
Membership dues are based on the transit agency’s total expenses (excluding depreciation and amortization) per the State Controller's Report. To become a member, complete this application form. Once payment has been received, your membership will be activated.
Passenger Rail and Ferry Operators
Passenger Rail and Ferry Operators dues are $7,000. To become a member, complete this application form. Once payment has been received, your membership will be activated.
Transit Support Group
The membership dues for a transit support group or organization is $1,400. This category includes regional transportation planning agencies, air quality management agencies and other governmental agencies. It also includes other transit-related associations and trade publications. To become a member, complete this application form.
Business members include manufacturers, consultants, distributors and transit contractors. To become a member, complete this application form. Dues are dependent on your organization's size and type:
- Large Business (company’s net worth exceeds $1,320,000*) – $1,400
- Standard Business (company’s net worth does not exceed $1,320,000*) – $1,000
- Start-Up Business (company's net worth does not exceed $500,000* and less than four years in business) – $600 (introductory rate available for a maximum of one year)
- Sole Consultant – $315 (self-employed, single-employee consultant)
* Based on the Federal Transit Administration’s net worth cap of $1,320,000 to qualify as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). Members do not have to be certified as a DBE with the Federal Transit Administration, nor is any verification of financial status requested.
If you have membership questions, please contact Kim Rothschild via email at email@example.com, or by calling (916) 446-4656, x 1492.